Originally Posted by via_dolorosa
Originally Posted by Reformation Monk
As being a current member of a mainline PCUSA Church, because my wife refuses to leave; right now most congregations are in the "Well, we don't really support the decision, let's just see if we can repeal it." stage.

Please extend my enthusiastic applause to your wife for sticking to it. The truth is that the demonic left is gaining ground because too many good people are abandoning ship. Those who are staying in the fight aren't ready to throw in the towel and so I wouldn't characterize this as the death of a denomination but rather a sign of the times we are in. I would agree with the OP that as a mainline protestant denomination, there is a departure from the authority of scripture as plainly written, particularly the condemnation of homosexuality in Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, and Romans. I don't think the Bible could be more clear, but I also don't think it matters how clear the Bible is to these people.

"Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word. You are of your father the devil, and the desires of your father you want to do." Jn 8:43,44.

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who perish (1Cor 1:18) which is why it's important to underscore that the Bible is not enough unless a person has a relationship with the Author. And so I think the deeper issue is unconverted hearts reading the Bible with foolishly darkened minds.

Via_dolorosa,

Unfortunately this has been the main sentiment expressed about the PCUSA for many years.

This has been the "catch phrase" for anyone speaking out against the clear Apostasy. As if to say, " YOU QUITER! IT'S YOUR FAULT"

Sorry but that doesn't fly anymore. I've been fighting for Biblical Truth within the PCUSA for many years now and it's no longer a battle at all. The PCUSA is completely Apostate all across the board. This isn't about the new ruling or Homosexuality at all. It's about True Christianity and False Christianity. It's been about that for many years.

You can commend my wife all you want, but at the end of the day, she is submitting herself to the authority of false prophets preaching a false gospel.

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. - Galatians 2:16