I read the posts and some thoughts came to mind. Is the question talking about whether Christ's sacrifice was sufficient for all sins and all men? Or are we just talking about the application of the atonement? I believe that Christ's death was sufficient for all men, but only those to whom it is applied were going to be the beneficiaries of it.

I think you are exactly right!

The word "for" in the question can be misapplied or misunderstood. Christ's death is available "for" all who call upon Him, so in that sense He did die for "all" men. It seems to me that God would be considered as not being truthful if salvation were not available to all when the Word says "whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved". Rom. 10:13.

Again, I think you are exactly right. The only thing I would add is that, of course ,only those who are regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit will in fact "call on the name of the Lord."

For whom did Christ die? For God so loved the world that He gave.... It doesn't say for God so loved the elect. Now we go back to the post about "Who Does God Love" I believe as posted in that thread that God's love is extensive, not limited to just the elect as the majority seem to believe. I really would like more time to be able to write more on that subject, but my time has of late been consumed in other things, however, silence should not be thought of conceding the point.

I have not read any of the posts on "Who Does God Love" and like you, my time for this type of thing is limited, so I probably won't unless you bait me with a juicy quote from one of the posts. Do the majority here really say that God only loves the elect? If so that saddens me and I disagree with them. I suppose no one here has had to ever punish or hold accountable someone they love.

[Linked Image]