beloved57 said:

Sin does not emante from within the essence and Intrinsic Being of God, however it does emanate from within His sovereign purpose and good pleasure...He created sin , He decreed the fall of adam for His purpose.

I have read some of those creeds and confessions and a lot of them are reluctant to admit that God created Sin for His purpose and for His Glory.

here is a simple definition for create= To cause to exist; bring into being.

Beloved57,

C.D. Cole offers his opinion on this topic:

This is one of the most difficult questions in theology. Since God made everything good in the original creation, how did sin get started? How was a good creation thrown into rebellion against its Creator? By whom and how was sin originated? There is much we cannot know about the question. But there are some necessary inferences.

1. Sin is not eternal; it had a beginning. The Gnostics believed in two eternal principles: good and evil.

2. Sin was not created by God. God created everything good; He is not the Author of sin. Moral beings were without sin when created. Satan was created a sinless and perfect being "Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee" (Eze 28:15). God made man upright. "Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions" (Ec 7:29).

3. Sin was not the necessary result of finiteness. Some claim that because God made man a finite being sin was inevitable. But if this be true, men will always be sinners for none of us will ever become infinite. Infinity belongs only to God.

4. Sin had its origin in a principle of negation, which means that it is not the result of any positive force. Moral beings were created good, but not immutably and independently good. This would have made them equal with God; it would have involved the absurdity of God creating another God. God alone is immutable and independent. There cannot be more than one God, self-existent and self-sufficient, sovereign and supreme.

If you want to read the rest of his study you can find it here.

So sin had its origin in the withholding of that grace necessary to sustain moral beings in a state of holiness. If God had not permitted sin there could have been no display of some of His most glorious attributes. Surely it is not too much to say that God permitted sin that He might overrule it "to the praise of the glory of His grace" (Eph 1:6).

One of our older confessions, the Belgic Confession tells us: " We believe that God created man out of the dust of the earth, and made and formed him after His own image and likeness, good, righteous, and holy, capable in all things to will agreeably to the will of God. But being in honor, he understood it not, neither knew his excellency, but wilfully subjected himself to sin and consequently to death and the curse, giving ear to the words of the devil. For the commandment of life, which he had received, he transgressed; and by sin separated himself from God, who was his true life; having corrupted his whole nature; whereby he made himself liable to corporal and spiritual death."

You may also benifit from reading Supralapsarianism and Infralapsarianism by Herman Bavinck.

Wes

Last edited by Wes; Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:25 PM.

When I survey the wondrous cross on which the Prince of Glory died, my richest gain I count but loss and pour contempt on all my pride. - Isaac Watts