Josh,<br><blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr><p>You also mention John 10:27-30. You might also try Romans 8:38-39, they both make the same point:[color:red] God gives the believer security so that nothing in this world can force us away from the love of Christ.</font color=red> There is nothing in either of these passages or the whole of scripture that indicates that one cannot willfully walk away from God. The action indicated in such words as "pluck" or "separate" or "snatch" in these passages is "to take by force."[color:red] It gives me great comfort to know that nothing can force me away from God. </font color=red>But these say nothing about walking away willingly. In fact the scripture says much about those who have fallen away (read the beginning of Hebrews 6).<p><hr></blockquote><p><br><br><blockquote><br>Romans 8:35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? <br>8:36<br>As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." F22 <br>8:37<br>Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. <br>8:38<br>For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, <br>8:39<br>nor height nor depth, [color:red]nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.</blockquote></font color=red><br><br>OK Josh, here it is plain as day. <br>Nothing means nothing. Nothing includes yourself. You are a created thing, so this includes you or any other true Christian. <br>Nothing can separate us from the love of God, including yourself!<br>Edith Schaeffer told a story of a concentration camp where the prisoners were given their required ration of food each day, but unknown to the prisoners, they were also given castor oil in their food, so that the food could not nourish them. They died of malnourishment. The only ones who survived did so by getting access to the unadulterated food. This is exactly what is happening to you--you cannot "see" this truth because of the evil one's addition to the Word of God, making it completely ineffective to your mind. You are unable to understand what a marvelous truth this is. I pray the eyes of your understanding would be opened. You cannot see that you are adding a "Hath God said?" to every verse that is given you to prove that you are mistaken in your understanding.<br>Susan<br>