In reply to:

Calvinism is an offshoot of protestantism.

Then perhaps you would enlighten us as to the true history of Protestantism? and the doctrines embraced by it? I'm all ears, but not ready to throw out all the accepted Church History texts; at least not until you have shared your insights that thousands have somehow gotten wrong over the centuries.

In reply to:

Besides, my faith is based in the Word of God, not what a few theologians several hundred years ago (or today) have written.

Great! Then you are in good company here. Because there aren't many who base their faith on the writings of men. But seeing as we probably hold to antithetical and irreconcilable differences, then it boils down to YOUR personal exegesis and interpretation of the inspired text vs. everyone else’s.

In reply to:

I have read quite a few Calvinist apologetics pages, none of them could prevent Revelation 22:19 (and other scriptures) from punching gaping holes in their theology.

"Gaping holes in their theology"? [Linked Image] You do have a sense of humour to be sure. I think I'll reserve any further comment until I read your personal account of church history, the origin of Protestantism, it's notable members and their theology. grin

[Linked Image]

simul iustus et peccator

[Linked Image]